I've got a couple of Tarte palettes, this one, prettily named "Rainforest of the Sea" and another called "In Bloom" which I'll do a post on another time. I've been using this one a lot recently because it's very light and good for summer.
Rainforest of the Sea feels like a very luxurious product, mainly because the compact is quite heavy and feels substantial. It's also got a really pretty lid in mermaid colours, blue, turquoise and purple. There's also a mirror which in my opinion is is invaluable.
- For a base I use the pale colour Sand and put either Mermaid or Wave over the top. You can see the names of the colours on the photo below.
- Seashell is a lovely pinky/gold colour and is really pretty by itself or on top of a darker colour.
- Abyss and Reef are excellent for adding a bit of colour to the outer corners and for a top and bottom line as a liner.
- MY TIP 💚 The colours are quite pale so to build up colour you need to load the brush a bit. I found there was very little fall out too and it did stay on my lids.
- The thing that drew me to this palette is that there are a mixture of darker and lighter shades, some with a little shimmer, some more matte.
- You get a shimmer, not a full on massive, disco-glittery sparkle!
- MY TIP 💚 It's also a good beginner palette, nothing too heavy, variety of subtle colours but darker shades that can be built upon to create smoky looks or darker eyes if required.
- MY TIP 💚 Good for older eyelids like mine (post 45) use an eye shadow primer to promote longevity and even out lid colour before putting a pale matte shade on then layering with a slightly darker colour in the corners/crease.